Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas, Las Colinas
Recipe: Chorizo Stuffed Texas White Quail with Jalapeno Corn Bread
In a heavy cast iron pan, sauté the chorizo until cooked, remove from pan and drain. Using the same pan, under medium heat, sweat off the onions and garlic using some of the chorizo oil, until translucent. Place in a bowl. Mix in the chorizo, corn bread crumbs and the cilantro. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Set aside.
- ½ lbs chorizo
- Sautéed and drained 1 pieces red onion
- peeled & finely diced 1 cup corn bread crumbs 2 each garlic
- Peeled and finely chopped 4 sprigs fresh cilantro, chopped
Stuff the quails with the chorizo, season with salt and freshly ground pepper. In a cast iron pan, preheat some vegetable oil. Sear off the quails with the breast side down first. Once brown (3-4 min), turn and place into the oven for about 20 min at 375 degrees F. Make sure to baste the quail once in a while with their own drippings, until golden brown.
- 8 each quails deboned, keeping the entire skin intact.
Combine oil, eggs, and sugar with whip attachment in a mixing bowl. Add the dry ingredients and mix to form a thick paste with no lumps. Scrape the sides of the bowl constantly while slowly adding the buttermilk. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator. Before making, add the jalapenos. Pour mixture in waffle maker and cook until golden brown on both sides.
- 1.5 cup corn meal
- 1.5 cup cake flour
- ½ cup whole eggs
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter milk
- kosher salt
- 3 oz white sugar
- 3 oz butter, unsalted and melted
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 each jalapeno peppers, roasted, peeled and de-seeded & diced
Combine agave and chili and set aside.
- ½ Cup Agave Syrup
- 1 tbl spoon Chipotle Chili in Adobo Sauce. Finely chopped
Simply place the roasted quail onto a freshly made waffle. Drizzle with the chipotle agave syrup and garnish with flat Italian parsley and finely grated, aged Texas Red Neck Cheddar.