YEW seafood + bar @ Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver
Recipe: Dungeness Crab and Corn Succotash
In a large pan, over medium heat, sauté the shallots in 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil for one minute. Add the beans, squash, corn and apricots. Cook for 2 minutes.
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) diced shallots
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cups (500 ml) cooked white beans (or chickpeas)
- ½ cup (125 ml) summer squash, cubed (or use cubed and roasted pumpkin or
- butternut squash)
- ½ cup (125 ml) local corn, cut from the cob 2 to 3 ripe apricots, halved
Add the crab, the remaining olive oil, the lemon juice and parsley. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- ½ cup (125 ml) fresh cooked Dungeness crab
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped flat leaf parsley
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
Serve family-style in the middle of the table, as an appetizer or a great side dish for