Tertulia, El Comado, El Comado Butchery, Sea Containers, New York
Recipe: Heirloom Tomato and Watermelon Salad
Herbed Kefir Vinaigrette
Mix Ingredients to create the Dressing.
- 1 cup full fat, plain Lifeway kefir
- ½ each clove garlic, grated on a micro plane
- 1 tablespoon coarsley ground pepper
- 1 each lemon, juice and zest
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt to taste
In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, dress with herbed kefir vinaigrette.
- 1 pound mixed heirloom tomatoes, cut into 1” pieces
- 2 cups watermelon, cut into 1” pieces
- 2 cups Persian cucumbers cut into 1” pieces
- 1 each small shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 each avocado, sliced
- 4 each radishes, thinly sliced
- Purple basil to garnish
Garnish with basil leaves. Serve immediately.