Four Seasons Hotel, Los Angeles
Recipe: Cactus Pear and Tequila Barbecued Pork Belly
Rub the pork with the spices and let marinate overnight.
- 1 tablespoon mixed dried chili
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- I tablespoon tequila
- 2tablespoon pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon cactus pear juice
Wrap the Pork
First, wrap the pork in the banana leafs than wrapped tightly in tin foil.
- 2 kg pork belly (skin removed)
- 2 each large banana leafs
Cooking the Pork
Place the pork on the grill but not over the coal. Cook on for about 2 hours at 160C.
After 2 hours unwrap your pork and place it on the grill, turn it over frequently for 15 to 20 minutes to obtain a nice coloration.
- 4 red peppers (Kekela Farms, Big Island, Hawaii)200 grams avocado
- 200 grams yukon gold potatoes
- 1 whole chicken (Puna Chicks Farm, Big Island, Hawaii)
- 5 garlic cloves (cracked, not chopped)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 5 roma tomatoes (chopped, WOW farms, Big Island, Hawaii)
- 1 Hawaiian chili pepper
- 800 grams canned tomato
- 5 grams smoked paprika (La Chinata)
- 1/2 Mayer lemon
- 1 bunch fresh basil
Relish / Assemble
Let rest for 15 minutes, slice and serve with the relish.